Free educational enrichment tools:
- 20 Questions: The world outside your window – Use this guide to take a nature “walk” without leaving your window. Start with Part 1 then review Part 2 for the discussion. A video (standalone) version is also available.
- International Space Station Project Page – Use this page to learn how to spot the ISS when it travels over you town. Also includes information about the ISS and questions for users to consider. PDF and Word versions available.
- Virtual Museum Explorer Page – Take online tours of and record your experiences at more than two dozen museums on baseball and the blues, purses the the post office, sharks and skating, art and the Air Force, the Titanic and moist towelettes. There’s something for everyone.
- State Encyclopedia Explorer Page – Inspired by Fanilla Cobb and the Encyclopedia of Arkansas, use this page to explore the online encyclopedias of 28 states and territories. Excellent for educational enrichment. PDF and Word versions available.
- Our Twitter feed, @IfeOpp, lists a variety of resources for home educational enrichment, virtual learning, and online education.
- Hour of Code – K-12 students and more learn basic coding and logic skills online. We offer additional written and video guidance for promoting the Hour of Code.
- Mini Libraries – An opportunity to spread the love of reading with Little Rock children and adults though the redistribution of books. Please stop by one of our locations to borrow or share a book. Annual report
Other projects and resources:
- Sheet Music – We arrange simplified versions of hymns and other songs and write original music all of which is for sale at Sheet Music Plus and Payhip. Be sure to check out our version of Lift Every Voice and Sing and our award winning original, A Suite: Pi.
- Hour of Code – K-12 students learn basic coding and logic skills in our Hour of Code workshops. They are guided by a group of volunteers who have completed the Ife Opportunity Guide Training. Additional information is available on the resources page. Flyer. Flyer. Thanks to our partner, Arkansas Baptist College, for making these events possible. Ife Opportunity 2015 Hour of Code Final Report. Ife Opportunity 2014 Hour of Code Final Report. We are looking for opportunities to offer Hour of Code tutorials outside of Central Arkansas. Contact us if you are interested in hosting a tutorial or would like to sponsor the tour.
- Heir Property – Heirs of Arkansas was founded in the fall of 2013 to promote passage of the Partition of Heirs Property Act in 2015 by the Arkansas Legislature. Now that the Heir Property Act is passed, we work to maintain the legislation and help families unlock and grow their asset.
- The Best of So What Can I Do – A 10th anniversary e-book celebration of the public service weblog promoting ethics in action. Purchase today to support the work of Ife Opportunity. Buy eBook.
- My Universe – Eleven children and adults attended our astronomy workshop at Pinnacle Mountain State Park. We did a moon phase demonstration, identified our age mate stars and next meteor showers, celebrated #PlutoTime and participated in several other activities. Our workshop was followed by a free public star party sponsored by the Central Arkansas Astronomical Society where we were able to see the features of the moon, three planets, and many other astronomical objects. Read the 2015 My Universe Activity Report.
Ife Opportunity develops solutions that help individuals and families live better lives, now and in the future. Ife means expansion.
Contact Ife Opportunity PO Box 166661 Little Rock, AR 72206 501/396-9591 email@example.com Twitter: @IfeOpp Facebook: @IfeOpportunity